Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Step Forward, Three Steps Back!

I have not posted on Zeus in a super long time!  We have had Zeus back with us for about 5 months now.  It is truly magical how much I love him and it was never a "new" relationship I had to build with him.  It was just like reuniting with an old friend.  I honestly think he feels the same.  He follows me EVERYWHERE.  A little too close sometimes.  He is doing well but not as well as I would have hoped.  I have had his teeth done, he has been wormed twice and I even had my equine chiropractor adjust him and he is still underweight.  I am not sure why he isn't putting weight on.  I have changed his diet, calorie intake, living situations etc multiple times and I still can't seem to get it right.  Now winter is here and it will be harder than ever to put the weight on.  I am bound to figure out what is missing.  He is a very sweet boy, we have been on his back a few times now and he is very gentle under saddle.  Now winter is here it will be difficult to get him back into shape but I hope by the end of next Summer, he will look and feel great and be regularly under saddle again.

1 comment:

  1. Bet I know what he needs... a girl friend! That ought to turn him into a stud muffin! LOL! Chuckle, chuckle.

    ReplyDelete